A naturopath will stand by 6 main principles:
1. Do no harm: to use the most useful/effective and least invasive treatment available.
2. Treat the cause: meaning not just suppressing symptoms but focusing on treating the cause of the symptoms.
3. Prevention is better than cure: it's easier to stop something from happening than to repair the damage after it has happened.
4. Healer as teacher: naturopaths greatly believe in teaching and educating, as everyone has the right to know what their body and mind are going through and how to treat themselves.
5. Healing power of nature: as we have established previously, if nature can cause an illness then the notion is that nature can remedy it.
6.Treat the whole person: seeing as we are very complex beings, it is logical that there are many sides to us which all deserve our attention, including our physical, mental and emotional body.
Naturopathy is actually an umbrella term for any form of medicine that utilises the healing power of nature. This means it can include many natural therapies such as homeopathy, acupuncture and so on. A naturopath is typically someone that has expertise in more than one modality. Vanessa specialises in herbal & nutritional medicine, flower essences and Iridology.
Take a look at the video below for a bit more information on Naturopathy and what a Naturopath does!
What is Naturopathy?